Sunday, December 17, 2017

Ed Masters, International Man Of Mystery



I was paging through an AFKN yearbook.  I knew all of the places and some of the people. Ed Masters I've always wondered about.  Ed came to AFKN from FEN (prior to John Buey) during the Korean War, was there when I was 25 years later.  Well over 30 years as a DAC is a story in itself. Ed's legs were were handicapped.  He never was.  His pain had him awake and monitoring the network 24 hours a day.  I'd make a mistake. Ed's on the batphone patiently explaining how to do it correctly.  I learned a lot.  At the time it was said that he was a rising star in radio, his niece said that a motorcycle accident put an end to that.  Normally such things are easy enough to get details about.  Ed just seems to start with the Korean war, 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment