Saturday, September 7, 2013

AFN Munich - Dick Dale 1981

And now "The Old Sarge"
 
 
I started like most, joining the Service, then attended Armed Forces Radio School, in Ft Ben. Harrison. That was by far..... the Best Schooling, anyone could receive. Bar None.  I was in the Service for only the 3 years enlistment. Spent all of my time, in Europe, except for one Year.. I'm thinking, was "On The Air" for Two of those Years. My final Year, was spent in the Information Office, on Okinawa/Japan.
 
Following my ETS, worked in Lexington, Ky, Sioux City, Iowa, and Kansas City.

That's It.
 
Retired from Radio, in 2008. I'm currently living in Northern California.
 
Many times I've been asked if I'm the Dick Dale, of the Del-Tones. (Misserloo)

I just say "No.....but I can play Wipe Out, with my thumbs on the Dashboard of
My Car" That usually ends the conversation!
 
Best Regards,
Dick Dale
  

No comments:

Post a Comment