Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thom does Madrid

Andoni, my boy Victor and myself

So I'm back from Spain and everything is getting back up to speed.  Andoni has a Spanish blog dedicated to American country music ( http://www.escountry.com )and is another Gene Price/Harry Newman fan, going back to the days that they were being broadcast on the airbase in Madrid (Torrejon).  Since I was going to be in town I stopped by.  He told me he worked at  a radio station.  That was an understatement.  His facility was HUGE.  Four huge stations operating out of the same facility, multiple studios capable of most anything.  A couple of years ago I visited the Clear Channel setup in the Twin Cities and was underwhelmed.  That had a handful of people not enjoying their jobs watching the computers play voicetracking.  THIS was like when they used to do it right here. 

I couldn't swing a visit to Rota.  We covered a lot of ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment